What is MOBIS?
Management, Organizational and Business Improvement Services (MOBIS) is a Federal Supply Schedule Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract vehicle administered by the General Services Administration (GSA) that allows U.S. Federal Government agencies to procure professional and technical services worldwide through a simplified acquisitions process. The streamlined ordering procedures under MOBIS make it possible for Government purchasers to place task orders with pre-qualified vendors at pre-negotiated labor prices, thus removing the tedious review and justification requirements that have burdened Government procurements in the past. Contracting can be completed in as few as ten working days, but generally requires between three and four weeks.
What is the advantage of using MOBIS?
- All contractors on the MOBIS schedule have demonstrated that they are capable of providing expert assistance in their respective service areas at fair and reasonable prices. Agencies benefit from MOBIS’ streamlined acquisitions process in that:
- All competition requirements have been met; there is no need to seek further competition beyond the list of schedule contractors;
- Contractors are selected for “best value” rather than price alone;
- Orders are negotiated and placed directly with the contractor;
- GSA has already negotiated the best price;
- Schedule orders count towards an agency’s small business subcontracting goals;
- Industry leaders are under contract; and
- Agencies can establish Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPAs) and negotiate even better pricing.
What kinds of services does Checchi provide under MOBIS?
MOBIS categorizes vendor products and services according to Special Items Numbers (SINs). Checchi has been qualified to provide all relevant services under the following SINs:
SIN 874-1: CONSULTING SERVICES
Checchi can provide expert advice, assistance, guidance, or counseling in support of agencies’ management, organizational, and business improvement efforts. Examples of such services include strategic planning; organizational assessment; performance measurement; program audits and evaluations; and outsourcing of project implementation.
SIN 874-7: PROGRAM INTEGRATION AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT SERVICES
Checchi can provide services in the management and integration of programs and projects. These services may include, but are not limited to, management and monitoring of technical assistance projects.
How can I place an order through MOBIS?
For orders under $2500, the agency may place an order directly with the MOBIS contractor that best meets the agency’s needs. For orders over $2500, the ordering process follows these steps:
1. Prepare statement of work. Agency technical or program office develops a performance-based statement of work and forwards it to the applicable agency Contracting Officer.
2. Prepare Request for Quotes (RFQ): The Contracting Officer prepares an RFQ consisting of:
- The statement of work
- A request that contractors submit either a firm-fixed price or labor hour ceiling price for the work. Travel and other direct costs may be included as a separate line item
- A request, if necessary or appropriate, that contractors submit a project plan and past performance information
- The best value selection criteria, including intended use of past performance factors
3. Transmit the RFQ: The Contracting Officer transmits the RFQ to at least three pre-qualified MOBIS contractors. For orders above $1,000,000, the officer should send the RFQ to additional contractors.
4. Evaluate quotes: The agency evaluates the quotes received based on the agency's best-value criteria
5. Select contractor and place task order or Blanket Purchase Agreement contract.
Detailed steps for placing a MOBIS order or contract can be found online at:
GSA MOBIS Overview